England vs South Africa 1st Test Betting Review

England vs South Africa 1st Test Betting Review
August 3, 2022

England vs South Africa 1st Test Betting Review

By : Category : Sports Betting

After the end of the T20 series between two teams, both teams are ready to play for the test series. The betting review has consisted of the latest performance, head-to-head, squads, odds, tips, predictions, expected results, and more information. After reading all the information, you will be able to make predictions. All the data will take from past figures. Let’s start with the latest results in the series.

Latest performance

England played its last series versus India at home. It was a rescheduled game between India and England. However, England succeeded in winning this game. After the game’s result, both sides leveled the series by 2-2. Joe Root and Bairstow showed an outstanding performance to chase the total in the 4th innings. At the same time, the same side failed in West Indies versus West Indies. So, England has mixed up results in the last year in test games. However, England will get the advantage of home ground and pitches.

If we talk about the South African team, South Africa played its three-test series versus Bangladesh, New Zealand, and India. Proteas succeeded versus Bangladesh by a 2-0 lead. The same side leveled the series versus New Zealand at home. On the other hand, South Africa also did well versus India to win the series by 2-1. All the performances showed that it is not a task to beat South Africa in test games. However, England always gave tough times in test games rather than others. Here are the predictions and head-to-head results of teams.

Head to Head

Both teams had faced each other 98 times in the test games. South Africa succeeded 64 times. On the other hand, England trashed the opposition for 34 matches. It is a vast difference between the results of teams.

Predictions

No doubt, South Africa is a strong opponent in the test games. However, we cannot forget the latest results in the home for England. England has a 70% chance of winning. Conversely, South Africa has only a 30% chance of winning.

Toss

The teams that will win the toss would like to do bat first. It will not be easy to chase in the 4th innings of the game.

Match Detail

It is scheduled to play on 17th August 2022. England will host this game.

Odds and tips

Jonny Bairstow and Joe Root are in complete form to show the same performance in the test series.

Star Players

Jofra Archer, James Anderson, Broad, Jack Leach, Root, Bairstow, and Ben Stokes are significant players from England.

In South Africa, Quinton De Kock, Dussen, Aiden Markram, Nigidi, Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamsi, and Rabada are star players to change the side of the game.

Conclusion

After getting all the information, it is not a big deal to declare the day’s winner. Everyone has their predictions. According to results and situations, England has more chances to win. We have seen that England can also bounce back even in the 4th innings of the game. You can choose England XI to predict the better team.